Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tonight's Dinner: December 15, 2013

On Sundays we like to cook if we are home. It just wraps up the weekend and usually gives us some leftovers for lunches.  For some reason I always think, I'm just going to make an easy spaghetti with a jar of sauce.  It never ends up easy.  I always add so much stuff that you can't tell that it was from a jar.  Good and bad at the same time.  Nick is now spoiled so that if I actually don't spruce it up he doesn't like it. Tonight I used an arrabbiata sauce from Sprouts and added mushrooms, garlic, shallots, and chopped heirloom tomatoes.  I also made meatballs with the stems of the mushrooms, garlic, and shallot.

I like to bake my meatballs first and then add them to the
sauce.

When I was living in NY there was this little Italian place that I would go.
They had an amazing arrabbiata dish with a hard boiled egg. 

Nick made a perfectly soft boiled egg.  

No comments: