Thursday, December 05, 2013

Tonight's Dinner: November 30, 2013

After two nights of Thanksgiving meals, Nick and I were having friends over for a dinner party.  We did not make turkey. Or ham. I figured everyone would be tired of both by then. I went to Costco early in the morning to pick up any slab of beef that looked good and some appetizers.  I told our friends that it would be a simple dinner, but I've come to the conclusion that I just can't have a simple dinner.  They all agree.  We were well fed and gleeful as we brought in the holiday season in style.

We had some pretty hefty dietary limitations.  One of our friends doesn't like garlic, several don't like seafood, and one has been having issues with grain and gluten.  We made A LOT of vegetables.

On the menu:

Garlic-rosemary-thyme crusted top round
Rosemary roasted potatoes
Roasted cauliflower
Grilled vegetables w/ garlic balsamic on the side
Bacon brussel sprouts (again, but always a hit)
Sauteed mushrooms marinated in organic dill dressing
Cucumber-tomato-mozzarella ball salad
Grilled asparagus
Caramel bananas over gelato
Various appetizers, dips, brie, crackers, spreads (per the usual Chin/Fong dinner party pre-dinner eating)
Plenty of spirits


See that section on the end with no garlic?  That whole piece was for our non-
garlic eating friend.  Nick busted out the food processor and had to have processed
at least six heads of garlic with rosemary and thyme.

I was so worried that the garlic was burning, but it turned out really well.

I haven't made rosemary roasted potatoes in a while and had
forgotten how delicious they are. 

I forgot to take picture ahead of time of each dish so a lot of them were dug
into, but this is most of the meal.

I didn't finish all my meat, but all of the veggies were gone.

No comments: