Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tonight's Dinner: December 27, 2013

I had gotten some shoes that I really wanted to wear, but haven't had a chance to wear them.  Nick and I decided to go out to an early date night dinner.  We're getting old.  We were literally home by 8pm and I was in bed by 9:30pm on a Friday night.  I was actually feeling pretty lazy and not wanting to go out by the time we got off work, but I didn't know when I would have a chance to wear the shoes if I got lazy every chance that I could wear them. I suggested just going to a wine bar for a glass of wine, but in true form, Nick wanted to have dinner too.  We ended up walking into Vanessa's Bistro 2 with the hopes that we could get a table.  It gets pretty busy there on Friday nights, but since we were really early we didn't have a problem.

My stomach has shrunk significantly since I had my cold/flu.  I wasn't very hungry, but being that we were in a restaurant, I thought it would be strange for me to sit there watching Nick eat while I drank wine.  I got a bowl of seafood Thai curry. It was very well done.  The scallops and shrimp were perfectly cooked and sweet while the curry sauce had a little kick without being too spicy. They put thinly cut potatoes on the top that tasted like baked fries.  They added a pretty interesting texture to the dish.


Nick got a Vietnamese crab sandwich and garlic fries.
Vietnamese coffee and Oreo cheese cake.

No comments: