Sunday, June 22, 2008

Baby shower candy and then some

On our weekend errands, Edward and I stopped by Michael's and picked up some candy molds (the ones from a previous post) to test them out...well I tested them out. These ones are peanut butter candy, but we're planning on using yellow chocolate for the shower. We got peanut better because Edward said that he would be more likely to eat the pb (not lead) than chocolate. So here they are!





I started using a plastic baggie with a little hole in the corner. That worked, but the bag was hot!!! So I did the rest in a tupperware and scooped in the peanut butter in with two spoons.


On Friday night I made my favorite meatballs and an Arrabbiata Sauce. If you like a little bit of spice, this is probably a good recipe for you. However, in true AC style I spiced this up a bit. Instead of the instructed 1 tsp crush red pepper, I put in 3 tbsp. I also added a jalapeno with seeds in and 2 8oz cans of tomato sauce instead of 2 tbsp tomato paste. This sauce turned out so well that I'm going to make it in bulk and freeze it for quick use. Mommy, you probably shouldn't use my variation of the sauce.

For the meat balls I used the recipe from Better Home and Gardens: Simple Slow Cooker Recipes (also a VERY good buy). This recipe is from "Meatball Sandwiches" (169).

Ingredients:
1 slightly beaten egg
2/3 cup finely chopped onion (3 tbsp onion powder)--onion upsets Ed's stomach
1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 dried oregano, crushed
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef

Directions:
In large bowl combine all ingredients and mix (meatloaf style). Form into balls on a 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 20 min. Drain if needed. The recipe says that it yields 32 meatballs....mine only had 18. I must make them big.




Yesterday (Saturday) I went to the biggest Walmart that I have ever seen...and I'm sure there are bigger! No wonder people think that Walmart is taking over the world. Anyways, after all of our errands Edward and I were in for a messy surprise. Emmy, our beloved angel of a dog, knocked over the kitchen trash can, ate and then threw up the chicken skins from my giant pans of 58 cents a pound chicken, pooped right by door, pooped and peed on the bed, and spread chicken germs all over the house. All I have to say is thank god Edward is as calm as he is. He proceeded to help me clean it up and keep me from screaming at Emmy at the same time. I know that once the damage is done,as a dog, she probably wouldn't have any idea why I was yelling at her. So since Edward was there, I kept my cool. I don't think I know anyone else who would be so calm if their pet defecated on their bed. So after bleaching our duvet cover and comforter, washing the blue blanky and sheets, washing Emmy's bed, and saving Honeybear, Seal, and Kitty, I was able to cuddle with Emmy again and feel a little sorry for her that she wasn't feeling well from consuming nasty garbage chicken skin that was probably spoiled. At least she recovered. Her paw pads were very hot, which to me means that she has a fever. She felt much better though after a couple of hours of me reading through telepathy to her (same way I've been doing to Honeybear for years). Anyway, I picked up a new trash can today.


Old

New--Edward said that it's very "quick" because it is red. Well duh Edward, I got this one for you!

No comments: