Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I made a good steak!


I'm notorious for not knowing how to make the easiest meals (many of which I'm very fond of) such as grilled cheese sandwiches and steaks. Well I fixed the grilled cheese problem by putting them under the broiler. I know, they're not "grilled" cheese sandwiches but they look and taste like grilled cheese. So I decided to suck it up and try to make steak. Usually when we have steak they come out super tough and dry. In Riverside I was actually buying fillet mignon just so I guaranteed that it would be moist and tender. That got a little expensive. This week Price Chopper had a sale on London Broil steaks. I took the plunge. I seasoned the steak like my mom, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder (about a tsp each per side). Then I seared the steaks to get a nice brown color and stuck them in the oven for about 30 minutes. Success!

Can you believe that the little pile of spinach on the plate is one whole bag? We each ate an entire bag with our dinner. It's a good thing they were on sale for $1 a piece. I usually buy the bunches, but this seemed like a pretty good deal and was SO much easier.

No comments: