Friday, June 20, 2008

Binge Cleaning

I've come to the conclusion that I am a binge cleaner. Edward said that most people wouldn't think this is a bad thing, but I'd rather be a constant cleaner. I think the only room that I clean constantly is the kitchen and I'm always picking up Emmy's toys.

Last night I didn't sleep well at all. Emmy and I are gluttons to the max. When I got home from work yesterday she burped right in my face. I thought that she had gotten into the garbage or something. I was wrong. She had broken into a bag of dog treats that we kept on the floor by her crate. The bag was pretty full and she ate it all! She was fong paying and burping all night! While her tummy was full of treats, I was filling myself with wine. Well, as most people know, alcohol cancels out allergy medicine. So not only did I have a massive wine headache, I had allergies as well. I woke up at 4am with my nose running and my head pounding. I was sniffling so loud that I was sure that I would wake Ed up. I went to sleep on the sofa, but then I was like, hey, we have another bed. So I went to go sleep in the guest bedroom. Feeling miserable, I called Emmy to sleep with me. As soon as she jumped on the bed she let out a huge burp. I thought she was going to puke on the bed. So I took her out to go potty to make sure that she wouldn't have any accidents. Apparently I wasn't the only one suffering from my greed. While I was waiting for the Doozer to go to the bathroom, I went to turn on the big fan in our bedroom for Ed and told him that I would be in the other room. I didn't want him to wake up and wonder where I was...it happened anyway, but at least I tried. After letting Emmy back in, I took a Claritin and went back to sleep. Thankfully my headache went away and my allergies were gone by 9am.

Anyway, even though I am very tired from poor sleeping, I went into a cleaning frenzy after Ed left for his office. He had forgotten to do the dishes so I started with that. The last time he forgot to clean the rice pot I pretty much broke down and got very upset...more upset than I should have for a silly little rice pot. I was trying to avoid another one of these episodes by cleaning it up myself. Then I started two loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, picked up 10 Emmy toys, and dusted and polished the coffee table. I even remember to dust the bookshelf. I think there as at least a millimeter of dust on there. It was so gross.




Portobello Mushrooms with green squash and arugella


This was pretty tasty, but I put too much EVOO on for Ed's taste. I sliced the squash and coated it with EVOO, fresh rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, salt and pepper. I chopped up my herbs and then tossed them into the bowl. I let the veggies (mushrooms and squash) marinate in the oil then tossed them onto the grill. Adding the arugella, we chowed down.

No comments: