Thursday, June 26, 2008

No work today!

I decided that I am not going to work today. It feels good. Anyway, I was just watching this show called A Makeover Story. It's kind of fun! While watching and sucking down my coffee I looked down to see what the stylist would say to me. I could see the stylist saying to me "first of all, you need to get rid of that Hairy Otter shirt and basketball shorts" and "you got your glasses how long ago?". I think I'm going to watch A Wedding Story while I finish up my morning coffee. I woke up a little late today (10 25).

Last night we watched the Olympic trials men's and women's gymnastics. Shawn Johnson looks like she's definitely in. She's such a cute kid too. All of the other girls looked really mean and serious. Everyone is sooooo good! I think that I had half moon shapes from my nails in my cheeks for all the women's routines. The mens not so much since I only know what looks good and not all the technical stuff. It's not that I know technique better with the women, but I'm much more invested in them for obvious reasons. There is a male contender from Fremont though, which I thought was pretty cool. The announcers sounded amazed that a Chinese guy could be going to China for the Olympics. FYI the 2008 Summer Olympics start on 8*8*08. The lucky number! Well that's what my Uncle Tommy says anyways.

This is a concoction that I whipped up last night. I've cleverly called this "Allison's Red Bell Pepper Sauce".

Allison's red bell pepper sauce
4 tbsp evoo
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh sage, chopped
1 red bell peppered julianned
2 tbsp anchovy paste
3 tbsp crushed red peppers
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tbsp dried rosemary
2 cups elbow pasta

Geat evoo. Add fresh garlic, sage, salt, and bell pepper. Sautee. Add ground pepper, red pepper flakes, rosemary, and anchovy paste. Add to pasta.

I was very surprised that this turned out so well, especially since I'd never used Anchovy Paste before. It was very, very tasty. With this pasta Edward and I grilled a Southwestern rub roast.


No comments: