Thursday, June 19, 2008

I wanna go to Friendly's...



I love their little jingle. Anyways, I managed to make a chicken quesadilla at like half the cost and fat. Even though I think that the fat from the restaurant adds to the flavor, this is a much healthier version. I used the 58 cents a pound chicken thighs and chopped them into cubes. In my wok I cooked them with 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp dried parsley, and 1 tbsp paprika. In a separate frying pan I warmed up two flour tortillas. I added cheddar cheese (mine is white) between the tortillas and layered on my chicken with a slotted spoon so no grease got in and then piled on more cheese. With a smaller frying pan, I weighted down my quesadilla so that it would cook faster and would have a little bit of that toasted flavor. You can warm up the weighting frying pan, but when I did, it was too hot and burned my quesadilla a bit.

This recipe doesn't taste exactly like Friendly's, but it's pretty close. I think I'm going to go back to Price Chopper and get more chicken so that I can prepare lots of quesadilla chicken and freeze them in individual baggies. This way I can make myself quesadillas quickly when I'm craving Friendly's.





P.S. I have no shadows in my pictures! I think it's because it is day time and there is light coming in the windows.

2 comments:

The Bowers! said...

Yummy, those look delicious! Isn't trying to copy-cat your favorite restaurant foods fun? Your food pictures look very professional, by the way. Maybe you should think about starting up a catering business or small cafe with your future in-law...

Unknown said...

Yes I'd love to start a cafe or cater business with you....as long as it's at home.