Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Middle Eastern Rub Pork Loin


I gave this a B+ because Edward thought that it was very good, but I thought it was just okay. At first the loin wasn't cooked all the way through so I had to cut the strings that was holding the meat together and the cook it some more. We ended up just cutting the meat into slices and then cooking it on the grill that way. As the last recipe that I tried didn't have the same "kick" as my other things, I adjusted the rub to something that we are more used to.




Middle Eastern Rub (adapted from GHK 300)
Servings: 6
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min

Ingredients:
1.5 lb pork loin
1 tbsp dried mint
2 tbsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika

Directions:
Combine mint, cumin, salt, black pepper, chili powder, and paprika. Completely rub over the pork. Grill over medium....until done. About 30 minutes.

This was very simple and easy in terms of seasoning it, but I'm so impatient that I don't like wait!


I'm hoping to breeze through The Host very quickly so that I can get back to my project reading. What I really need to do is start writing. I've only read the first page (out of 60) of my grad application story that I'm planning on heavily revising. I'm scared/ashamed to read it because I know that it wasn't good enough for handfuls of schools. It just brings back bad memories. I'll have to face my fear sometime though.

No comments: