Saturday, June 14, 2008

Grilled tilapia with grilled squash

I seasoned this tilapia with my general creole seasoning, which is easy and never lets me down. I put the fish on foil (making sure to puncture it so that the nice smoky flavor clung to the fish) and had Edward grill them up. I didn't put any oil on them, so they stuck a little to the foil. I can't remember exactly what I put on the squash, but I sliced them about 1/8 inch thick and then coated them in EVOO. If I recall, I added about 2 tablespoons of creole seasoning, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, and 1 tablespoon of garlic powder. I'm pretty sure that is all I put into the bowl, but it was very tasty.






This week my plan is:

Sunday: Pan Seared Cod--This is the recipe that I posted from the Essence of Emeril.

Monday: Pastrami-Spiced Flank Steak

Tuesday
: Basic Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Middle Eastern Rub

Wednesday
: Chicken Quesadillas-- I am in love with Friendly's chicken quesadillas so I'm going to try to make them myself.

Thursday
: Portobello with Arugala Sandwiches

I am quite excited about the quesadillas even though the menu has some pretty interesting stuff. What can I say? I'm easy to please.

So far grocery shopping by studying the Price Chopper ad like it's a text book is working out well for my budget. I think that I managed to buy all of our food for about $40 last week. With meat and vegetables that is really good.

No comments: