Monday, June 09, 2008

Separation Anxiety

Today Victoria the trainer is tackling separation anxiety. Perfect! Although Emmy is getting much much better she still cries and barks when we leave. She's gotten much, much better when Ed leaves. She only let out two barks when he left this morning. When we leave her alone she doesn't destroy the house anymore. The dog from the show actually figured out how to get into the fridge! Thankfully Emmy only made a mess in the house, but now she doesn't do that anymore. Although I wish that we didn't have to torture her by leaving her in the crate, she apparently has learned because she hasn't done anything bad since we started leaving her out of the crate. I'd like to think, as an overly proud mommy, that she knows that she's on probation and the slightest slip-up and she's back in.

I tried to teach Emmy not to pull so hard when we're walking, but my arm got tired. I think I'm doing something wrong. I guess I'll just have to keep watching the show. I almost slept in today, but I'm very happy I woke up. It was well worth the yawns.

No comments: