Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Etsy.com

A few weeks ago Linda introduced me to Etsy.com.  I had been considering buying some little flower earrings from either Amazon or Overstock.com, but she said that people on Etsy make the same thing for much cheaper and they're cuter.  I had to check it out.  After searching around on it for a while and seeing all the different categories of crafts that people sell on the site, I did seem to remember that Bonnie and Abby mentioned the website to me a while back.  I'm addicted.  The stuff is indeed much cuter and more affordable.  The vendors who I purchased from were all super nice and easy to contact if I needed to.  Since everything is made by the artist, they ship it out promptly and the shipping is really inexpensive.  I think the most I paid for shipping was $2.99!  I hate when I want to get something small and then the shipping costs more than the thing I'm buying.  I cannot stop saying good things about this site and the vendors I purchased from.  The best part?  I spent less that $60!  This is what I got.


From: BeadsByDesi

Photobucket

These pink earrings are what originally prompted Linda to direct me to this site.  On Amazon I was going to buy some that were pretty much the same thing for $12.  These were only $3.50!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Since I had ordered three pairs of earrings from BeadsByDesi, she contacted me to tell me that I could have a free pair.  Sweet!  This purple pair was what I chose.  I was afraid that maybe she had already packed up the other sets and sent them, but she said that she had waited a day to see if I would respond before she sent them out.  So I got my free pair.  On top of that, since she makes everything to order, she included a free bobby pin with a matching pink rose like the first set of earrings.  The shipping was only $2.00 and she combined them all together so that I didn't have to pay extra.

I've been into wearing different earrings lately since I took out my plugs so I'm glad that I found these.  Because I wore the plugs for so long, which are made of surgical steel, my ears don't seem to have a bad reaction to wearing earrings anymore.  (Knock on wood) I used to only be able to wear silver or gold, which got pretty pricey.  I highly recommend BeadsByDesi if you like the ones I purchased.  I had such a positive experience with her.  There are quite a few vendors who do very similar designs, if not the same, but I thought that she was awesome.



From: jewlswashere

Photobucket



From:  roundabout

Photobucket

As you all know by now, I love stars.  This necklace is great.  In the picture the star looks pretty big, but it's actually super dainty.  I love the simplicity of this necklace.

From: TheAppleTailor

Photobucket

I haven't received this yet, but I'm hoping to soon.  This is the Ravenclaw crest from Harry Potter.  It is the house that I tested into and my mom made the blue robe for.

No comments: