Thursday, January 27, 2011

Makeup storage

Yesterday was a really busy day at work and it made me really grumpy.  I don't know what was going on, but the phones were ringing off the hook.  So by 3:30pm I was crabby and not very good company.  Luckily for me, I had some organizing to do to pull me out of my funk.  I told Nick and Linda that makeup and organizing things make me calm.  It totally worked!

Christopher has this habit of putting things that he doesn't want anymore in my parents' room, making it always look messy.  He does this because he doesn't want to throw stuff out that one of my parents may want or need.  I was in their room going to the bathroom when I spotted a five-drawer container sitting on their floor hidden by the rocking chair.  It turns out that this was one of Christopher's discarded items.

I have been using a Kaboodle that I got when I was like 10-years-old and didn't actually have any make up to put in it.  The only thing about the Kaboodle is that anytime I want to use it I have to remove my backpack and SLR camera bag from sitting on top of it.  It's not really that big of a deal, but a lot of my makeup gets ignored because it isn't easily accessible.  I usually just use stuff that I have in my makeup bag and don't use all the fun colors and products that I have.  Plus, I don't actually use makeup that often because I work at home and then when I do go out I get lazy.  I figured that if I have out all of my stuff then I will use it more.  Knowing myself, I will probably just turn to my everyday makeup bag that has everything that I need in it and my extra stuff will still be ignored. 

I'm still debating on putting labels on each drawer with our label maker.  I have a feeling that I will end up moving stuff around eventually and I don't want a label permanently stuck on the container.  Who knows, a week or two from now I may get tired of seeing the container out in the open and put everything back in the Kaboodle where it's not cluttering up my room.

Photobucket
New setup

Photobucket


Photobucket
Drawer #1: Square eye shadows

Photobucket
Drawer #2: Round eye shadows

Photobucket
Drawer #3: Eyeliners and tools

Photobucket
Drawer #4: Lipsticks and glosses

Photobucket
Drawer #5: Face products

No comments: