Monday, January 17, 2011

The Game

Oh man, what an awesome experience.  When we first got to the arena Nick and I bought tickets for another game in February just so that we wouldn't have to pay the Ticketmaster fees.  They rob you!  But our cheap, nose-bleed seats won't be able to compare to this view.  Even though we were high up in the box, it was still super cool to be able to stand up and just go get some drinks or something to eat.  They provided everything.  You name it, they had it.  It was really awesome.  They even gave us hats and Sharks magazines!  The only thing that I was worried about was that the edge of the box goes directly into the seats.  There was no partition or hand rail there to block anyone from falling or accidentally kicking the people in the top row when walking by.  When I get excited I tend to move forward, even if I'm sitting down.  So when I was getting excited for goals and fights I was truly afraid I was going to embarrass myself and my family by rolling down a hundred steps and end up with a broken leg at the bottom while everyone pointed and laughed.

At first the box was pretty packed with people settling down and saying hello to one another.  Mr. Wong, Brandon's dad and the one who invited us all, said that most of the people at the game were friends and family so we didn't feel uncomfortable being the only family-of-family amongst a business party.  Everyone who was there was super nice and we had a great time.  The best part was that the Sharks won!  I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but Jen Jen missed all the goals. It was the funniest when she had to put her drink in a plastic cup and the minute she turned around to go up the four or five stairs to the box they got their fourth goal.  The final score was Sharks-4 and St. Louis Blues-2.  Go Sharks!

Photobucket

These pictures are compliments of Jen Jen.  I forgot my camera as usual.  I swear, I take more pictures at home of Emmy and my food than I do anywhere else.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Brandon and Jen Jen

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lisa, Albert, Me Nick, Robert, and Brandon

Photobucket
The Wong Family

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lisa, Baby Brianna, Brandon, and Jen Jen

No comments: