Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tonight's Dinner: February 10, 2013

Eek!  I'm so far behind in my blogging.  It was quite a busy week so I haven't had the time.  Plus, since Nick and I were gone all weekend I wasn't able to go to the grocery store so I haven't been as motivated to blog about left overs and ramen noodles.  

What a busy Sunday we had.  I hate having busy Sunday's because it makes me tired for the upcoming week.  First the 10k, then Chinese New Year lunch with my family, and then Melissa's birthday dinner. After trying not to eat a ton of food at Moonstar, Nick and I rushed back to my Grandma's house to change for dinner with the Fongs. We headed down to The Wayfarer Tavern in the financial district for an early dinner.  Even though I had a pretty big plate at Moonstar, I was still hungry since I had done the run in the morning.  Nick, however, wasn't hungry at all.  It was a shame because he had tried not to eat a lot a Moonstar to save his stomach, but it didn't seem to work.

The popover style bread was very light and airy.  
We started out with deviled eggs, oysters on a half shell and beef tartar.  I
found the deviled eggs to be a little on the salty side, but the filling was very
smooth and creamy.  I think the little fried shrimps on top made them even
saltier.  
Beef tartar with a quail egg in the center. 





Ahh, this is my favorite. 
Mrs. Fong got the muscle appetizer as her entre. 
Melissa got a veal schnitzel.

Mr. Fong got their famous fried chicken. 

Brussel sprouts to share.


Mac and cheese to share.

Nick got the Poutine appetizer as an entre, but couldn't finish it because he
was too full. 

I got the 28-day dry aged steak over potatoes.  Yum!  The steak was perfectly
cooked at rare, the way I like it, and the potatoes were creamy and super
smooth.  I'm pretty sure that they used a food mill to get it to this consistency.







We ordered a dessert, which I forgot to take a picture of, but they also brought
out a complimentary dessert. 

No comments: