Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Today's Lunch: January 6, 2014

I've started juicing again, but unlike before the wedding, I don't have the will power to just juice and eat veggies during the day.  So now I'm juicing and eating a full meal. I'm not sure how well that is going to work out for me. My office is surrounded by Mexican restaurants and I love Mexican.  It's pretty difficult to resit getting a burrito for lunch everyday.  And believe me, I could really have a burrito everyday and not get tired of them.

In the morning I had carrot juice, which I read is good for eyes and flaky skin, both to which I have issues.  Carrot juice in a blender is just not good. Even though I don't mind the smoothie texture of my vegetable juices, I don't know if I could get over the carrot texture.  There weren't any chunks, but it was rather mealy especially toward the bottom after it settled. Nick loves carrot juice and I was hoping this would work out since I don't want to buy a juicer (they just waste so much and there is only so much carrot cake/bread/muffins that one person can take, plus the machines are huge).  I bought a giant sack of carrots from Costco so I'm going to continue to make the carrot juice and hope that I get used to the texture. I'd rather just eat raw carrots, which I probably will do.

Midday, I decided that I should get lunch since the carrot juice didn't fill me up for very long. After seeing an ad on a website for a Kraft American Cheese grilled cheese sandwich, I wanted one.  With all the Mexican places around I ended up substituting it with a chicken quesadilla.  It was pretty amazing, but I had the worst food coma and was so full after eating the whole thing.

When I first opened my to-go box I thought they got my order wrong and
gave me a burrito.

It was so delicious with habanero salsa.

No comments: