Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: January 14, 2014

Today was a doozy of a day and by the time I got out of work I was not in the mood to work out.  When I saw Emmy’s little face, however, and got myself ready for a run. I figured I’d take her down the block and back, which is about a mile and a half, but then I kept telling myself to get serious about my marathon training.  We made it about 5.4 miles round trip.  I really need to get to training because my knees and hips were killing me afterwards.  Needless to say, today is a rest day.

Nick had gone out for happy hour and dinner with his coworkers so I knew that I didn’t have to get home to cook.  I’m pretty sure that if I was single and on my own, I’d never cook anything…I’d probably also still be living at home so that I wouldn’t have to cook ever.  After making my juice, packing a lunch, getting coffee ready for the morning, showering, general puttering,  I decided to heat up some left overs and throw some eggs on top.   It’s nights like this that I don’t really enjoy my food, but eat it because I have to.  I wasn’t in the mood for top ramen or washing a pot after.  Sunny-side-up eggs in a nonstick pan make for easy clean up and no excess oil.  My leftover fried pork steaks had plenty of grease for the whole meal. 

No comments: