Monday, January 13, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: January 10, 2014

Tonight we headed over to my inlaw’s place for dinner.  I really wanted to go home and relax, maybe watch a movie with Nick and get a pizza.  When we got the text that my mother-in-law was making lamb chops and mussels, there was no way that we were going to eat pizza when they were offering us a gourmet meal.  We’d have to be mental to skip something like that.  By the time we got over there after work and I had walked Emmy, my mother-in-law had everything already on the table.  I don’t know how she does it. When I make dinner for them I’m always at least 30 min past the time that I say that I’m going to have dinner on the table.  I’ll blame the fact that I work all day…and ignore that we usually have them over on weekends.

There was a whole bowl of mushrooms and quinoa from Costco.  I can only eat quinoa when I’m in the mood and most of you know that I’m allergic to mushrooms, so I pretty much ate mussels and lamb.  What. A. Life. It was so good and definitely fulfilled any lamb cravings that I’ve been harboring over the last few months. Really, I can pretty much always eat lamb. 


We had two bowls full of mussels.  Yum!


We also had two racks of lamb. 

No comments: