Monday, January 06, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: January 5, 2014

This week we will be having a lot of pork.  Costco was having a sale on boneless pork tenderloin and I wanted to jump on the opportunity.  They don't always have sales on meat.  Beware, you're going to see a lot of pork this week.

It took me much longer to put away the Christmas decorations than I thought.  I think over this holiday we  accumulated much more stuff than we started with.  I even had purchased a second large tub for storage.  By the time the tree, everything Tetris-fitted back in storage, and whole apartment vacuumed, Nick and I were pooped out.  He suggested that we eat our left over Chinese, but I wanted to make the pork and get the rest prepped for this week.  I also wanted to start up my juicing again because I've been very low energy with this cold weather and all the heavy holiday food.

I ended up making a little sauce to warm the left over wild rice and grilling up some zucchini and onions.  For some reason I always like grilled onions with my pork.  I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of those this week too.

I added a bunch of green onion to the wild rice to give it more flavor.  This was
Nick's plate.  I only ate the pork and zucchini. 

No comments: