Thursday, January 02, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: December 31, 2013

For New Years Eve we've been trying to keep it pretty simple the last few years.  We usually just have a few friends come over for dinner and to watch the ball drop.  This year since we had a big Thanksgiving dinner with our friends, only one couple came over and brought pizza.  It's been the simplest New Years Eve thus far.  I think they wanted to make sure that I didn't go over board.  It was probably a good thing because if I was buying the pizza I would have gotten two, where they only brought one which was a good amount for four people. Whatever the case, we had a great time being in sweats and chit chatting for five hours.  I think that really is a sign that we're growing up. My parents texted to wish us a Happy New Year and Nick and I were literally getting into bed.

I couldn't help myself and put out more appetizers than was really necessary, but I don't like having people over with no food on our table.  These little guys were pretty good, but I don't know if I would eat them on my own.  They're good as a party snack.

I had bought these little snacks for Downton Day, but since we had so much
mac and cheese I didn't end up making them.  

No comments: