Monday, January 06, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: January 3, 2014

It never seems like Nick and I spend as much time together as we would like, though we probably do spend a fair amount of time together.  I had agreed to watch the movie Rush with him last night so tonight he agreed to watch Monsters University with me.  Prior to the movie viewing, I set to work on making an Alfredo sauce from scratch.  I used a sauce recipe from Allrecipes.com and it turned out really well.  I added the chicken and mushrooms for a little extra depth.  It turned out really well for it being my first time. (Usually I cheat and use a jar.)  It's an Alfredo sauce so there's nothing really healthy about it, but at least we know what ingredients went in.

I browned the giant chicken breast on each side with a
little bit of salt and pepper over medium-high heat.
Once it was browned on each side, I lowered the heat and
covered the pan to let the chicken finish cooking.  I also added
the mushrooms to cook down halfway trough the cooking
process.



No comments: