Monday, June 17, 2013

Post-Dinner Cooking

After we got home from the Fongs, I still had to do some cooking for our office potluck.  To make things easy for myself, I made sausage taco fixins'.  It was nothing too inspired, but it seemed like something that everyone would like and could customize when they put them together.  I've learned that we have some picky eaters at our office, so this worked out well.

 photo null_zpse265ec2c.jpg
I cooked up the sausage, sautéed mushrooms, red bell peppers, caramelized onions,
chiffonaded spinach, and made a rosemary-garlic-lemon mayo. 
 photo null_zpscc10232c.jpg
I also brought stuff to make office s'mores.  Using my creme
brulee torch, we roasted marshmallows on bbq squewers.  I
had seen a s'mores recipe on all recipes that used fudge striped
cookies instead of graham crackers and chocolate.  Not as good
as the real deal, but definitely not terrible. 

No comments: