Monday, June 17, 2013

Tonight's Dinner: June 11, 2013

I've been going to Costco every weekend to pick up juicing supplies.  While I'm there, I like to pick up a protein to stretch out during the week.  This is why I'm tired of chicken.  The packets that you get from Costco are just so giant.  Even though I freeze them, I still don't like when my freezer is jam packed because things get lost, freezer burned, pushed to the back, and generally just wasted.  Thus, I've been trying really hard to eat all of the chicken before buying other meats.

This week to change things up, I decided to get pork tenderloin.  I froze one of the two packets and used the two tenderloins that come in one pack for the week.  I marinated them on the same day but in separate bags.  This made my after work dinner prep so much easier.  Tonight we went with the more experimental flavors since we had Chinese the night before.  (The other tenderloin was in a marinade of soy sauce, garlic and onion powder, red pepper flakes, and sesame oil.)  I had marinated tonight's tenderloin in a packet of organic ranch dressing powder, tons of dill, half a bunch of cilantro, and beef stock.  Slightly weird combo, but it actually seemed to work out.

 photo null_zps00f1b8ac.jpg

 photo null_zps6a45fe7c.jpg
Nick made a sauce out of the marinade for his dinner.

 photo null_zps80fcbb9e.jpg
I put my meat over my salad but was only able to eat two pieces.

No comments: