Monday, April 14, 2014

Hope Chest turned Ottoman

At the current moment, this is my pride and joy.  I've been on a hunt for a hope chest because my Mom has one and I think it's pretty cool.  I had just dropped off an amazing glider rocking chair to a couple of friends who are expecting their first child (got it free and told them to give it back when they're done) and was on my way to my parents house with their car.  On the way, I saw two garage sales.  Nowadays, I stop for garage sales.  I was literally hovering over this hope chest until I found the owner.  $20!!!  All the hope chests on Craigslist were around $40-$50.  The lock was gouged out, but I can cover that.  I primarily wanted this chest for our extra blankets, but since my Mom has her wedding dress preserved in hers, I'd like one with a little more character.  I'll still hunt around.  If anyone is giving one away, I'll take it and store my wedding dresses in it.

Free glider!





Ta da!  I still need to find something to cover the gouge, but this was $36!  I used the same gray paint as everything else, but at least all of my furniture will match. 

No comments: