Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Tonight's dinner: April 8, 2014

Tonight I was trying to use up some tomato sauce that I've had in the pantry.  I've been trying to use up my canned goods for a while, but it is taking longer than I thought.  I was able to use up four cans of tomato sauce to make some chicken cacciatore, which is a dish that I always enjoy.  It's probably a good thing too because I made a TON of sauce.  We will probably be having spaghetti as a side for whatever we eat tomorrow.

I also had some eggs that I hard boiled in the fridge so I added them to the sauce at the end to heat up.  When I was living in Upstate New York, there is a great Italian place called Minissale's Wine Cellar Cafe that used to put a hard boiled egg in the pasta dish that I would get.  Every once in a while I do like to stick an egg in to remember those times.  It. Was. Cold.  But I did meet some great people and learned a lot about myself.

On top is fresh basil from the plants I surprisingly am still keeping alive from Trader Joes's.  Also, I'm terrible at peeling hard boiled eggs, which is why they are mutilated.  I don't have the patience to peel them like a normal person would especially after a long day at work. 

No comments: