Monday, April 07, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: April 7, 2014

Tonight was an all oven night.  It was pretty awesome.  It was also how I was able to catch up on all of my blogging.  I pretty much shoved a whole chicken, less a breast, into the oven sprinkled with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  I also stuffed the cavity with onion and cilantro for some extra flavor.

I say "less a breast" because recently,  I've been doing a lot of reading on raw feeding for your dog.  There was even a site that I read where the writer was confident enough in raw feeding that she told readers to give their vets her phone number to talk to her if they were against raw feeding.  All of the different sites I've read said that we you can give your dogs raw bones, but I'm still a little hesitant.  We tried giving Emmy meat with bone in for a few days, but noticed that there were some pretty large shards in her poop.  Since then, I've been cutting the meat off the bone.  Diva.  She definitely enjoys her dinners more and she seems to have more energy and her eyes are always less red the next day.  From what I've read, raw feeding is supposed to help with health issues, energy, and allergies.  There are regulations (or lack-there-of) on kibble that I won't go into, but I was pretty appalled.   For now we've been giving her kibble in the morning and meat at night.  Once we're out of the kibble that I just purchased, I'd like to be able to transition her fully to meat, but we'll have to see how much it costs.  Right now I've been cutting off segments of our meat before I cook of whatever we're eating for her.  Usually I don't eat all of my meat anyway so it hasn't really made a dent in our budget.

Chicken missing a "boob". 

Zucchini with white pepper, salt, and thyme. 


No comments: