Monday, April 07, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: April 1, 2014

Now that I have my current dinner all in the oven to cook, I can catch up on all the other dinners that I've been eating.  It's been pretty busy around here and Nick went on another business trip so I wasn't doing a whole lot of cooking.  I told a friend of mine that I was getting beer and Taco Bell for dinner and said, "Can you imagine what I'd look like if I was single?"  Her response was simply, "faaaatttt."  She is very correct.  The first time Nick went away on business I was pretty excited to clean the apartment and have it stay clean, but now that he's been traveling more, the excitement is gone. That's why he makes the big bucks, I guess.  I have to hand it to my Mom.  My Dad used to travel a lot when I was a kid and for weeks at a time.  Nick only goes off for a few days and I still miss him.

Being that Nick was away, I headed to my parent's place for dinner.  I also dragged my Mom with me to get a coffee table from a seller on Craiglist, so I was heading up to the house anyway.  Though I love getting cheap stuff from Craigslist, it's a pain having to get someone to go with me.  (I never go by myself.  I need a witness if someone is going to try to murder me.  I watch too much NCIS for my own good.)  My Mom made one of our favorites, pork spear ribs in black bean sauce.


The new coffee table that I'm going to sand down and repaint.  My tastes are ever changing.  A few years ago when I first moved into our apartment I liked the square modernish look.  Now I'm starting to get into the more French Provincial (Mom's words, not mine.  To me everything is "Victorian".) style of furniture.  

No comments: