Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: April 28, 2014

After a short run, I decided that I wanted to grill.  The weather here has been so nice that there is no reason not to.  The next few days are going to be getting pretty warm for April weather, but tonight is a nice dry 72 degrees. Nick is really good at encouraging me, hence the multiple mud runs and the marathon I'm currently training for.  Even though he is the grill master in our household, he likes to let me grill so that I can say, "I'm a woman who can grill."  He knows that it gets my goat when people say that grilling is a man's job.  For the last couple of years I have been learning to work the grill.  Sometimes things come out a little, ahem, Cajun, but we all need a little practice sometimes.  For the most part I let Nick grill so that I can have a break from cooking, but I also don't want to lose any skills that I've learned over the last few years.

So tonight I was the one in charge of grilling.  I made a buffalo style chicken with a grilled romaine salad and kale chips.  I added some grill yellow squash to the salad to make things a little different.






My squash got a little charred because I was busy writing this blog while it was cooking.  Probably not the best idea to blog and grill at the same time.


Buffalo Style Marinade 
1 c low sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 c garlic hot sauce
1 tsp white vinegar

Marathon training update:

This week my goal is to log 27 miles.  When I say week, that usually applies to a work week.  I have a really hard time making myself run on weekends.  Tonight Emmy and I logged 6.35 miles, but we're counting it as 6.25 to make things easy.  You'll probably notice a change in our diet also since I'm trying to eat pretty healthfully now to get back in the swing of things.  Well, healthfully at dinner anyway.  Lunch at my office is a whole different story.  Too many burrito joints to pass up.

No comments: