Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: April 15, 2014

Tonight we are continuing on with leftover dinner week.  I'm trying to use up our left overs in the order that they were made last week.  First was trying to use up the steak in the tacos last night.  Tonight I made a chicken salad from the left over roasted chicken from last week.  We all know that I'm terrible at eating left overs and we have a lot of waste in our house.  This was a super easy way for me to not waste half a chicken and not have to cook.  All I had to do was chop up the chicken and onions that I cooked with the chicken last week.  I try to eat my left overs within seven days of the original day I made the dish.  I was a day late this time, but the chicken still smelled and looked okay.  This dish was so easy!

Originally, we were going to have chicken salad sandwiches, but our darling little dog decided to eat the entire bag of rolls that I bought while we were out to dinner on Sunday.  While unpacking the groceries, I put the rolls on the counter and forgot to push them to the back of the counter like I normally would.  When we got back the package was empty and Emmy's belly was full.  It was funny and irritating all at the same time.  So instead of bread, we are having the chicken salad as lettuce wraps.  It's probably better for us anyway.

Leftover Chicken Salad 
Left over chicken, chopped or shredded (skin removed)
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 cooked onion, finely chopped
5 asparagus, grilled and sliced (optional)
1 tsp fresh flat leaf parsley, minced
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/4 c mayonaise
1 tbsp dijon mustard
pinch ground cumin
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp kosher salt 
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together.  
Note:  I cooked the onion with the chicken.  The asparagus was also left over. 

Leftover chicken

Celery, chicken, onion, asparagus, and parsley.



No comments: