Friday, April 25, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: April 21, 2014

Tonight Emmy and I went for a 5.5mi run on main city streets.  We normally run on the numerous walking trails in our area, but there are a lot of bikers who frequent the trails as well which makes it very difficult because Emmy never grew out of her bike chasing habit.  On the main city streets there are fewer bikes, but it is so noisy. When we got back from our run, I was surprised that my app said that we had only run 5.5 miles because it seemed like we were going for a long time.  The scenery was boring and it was so loud that I couldn't even hear my footsteps.  I like to be able to hear my footfall because it helps me keep my breathing regulated which, in turn, helps me relax and go further. It helps me get in the "zone". When we got home I did some foam and lacrosse ball rolling and started on dinner.

On the menu tonight was chicken drum sticks, grilled romaine with a garlic-balsamic tomato and cucumber salsa, and kale chips.  I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the kale chips turned out to be. I did all the grilling tonight since Nick went out with his coworkers for a happy hour drink.



Only a little charred because I was trying to blog while it was cooking.

 

Kale Chips

2-3 stalks kale, deveined, torn in to pieces  
1 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp EVOO

Directions:

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  On a large sheet pan, coat kale with salt, pepper, EVOO and spread out in one layer.  Bake in oven for 30 minutes.  Gently push the kale chips around to loosen from pan and bake for another 10 min. 


No comments: