Monday, April 21, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: April 19, 2014

I don't know if you can really call it dinner, but we had a reservation at the Hog Island Oyster farm from 2-5pm for an early 30th birthday celebration for Nick.  We took the beautiful drive to Marshall, California with Nick's parents and cousin.  Unfortunately, my sister-in-law had to work.  We had gone with Nick's cousin before, but this was a first for my inlaws.  I think that they had a pretty good time.  My mother-in-law prepared an amazing Chinese style sauce to put on the oysters that we grilled and she brought plenty of bread and salads.  Although we had a great time the first time Nick and I went to Hog Island with one of my best friends and Nick's cousin (in this post), my mother-in-law and her sauce made the day for me. I even asked her to give me the rest of her sauce so that we could bring some back for my parents because I knew that they would enjoy the Asian flavors very much.  My mother-in-law told me how she made it, but I think she will have to show me the exact amounts.




It was the perfect opportunity to use our Cupsco cups from our wedding. 











They keep the oysters in these huge bins where they circulate sea water in and out.




Mother-in-laws amazing sauce for the oysters.  We cooked the oysters to a medium rare...or rare, rather. 

When the oysters are cooking they burst.  At one point, they burst all over Nick's back.  Hot and smelly. 

Now that is a happy husband.




No comments: