Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: November 6, 2012

I pulled the trigger and got bangs.  I don't think I've had a full fringe since I was about 11-years-old.  I was a little weary and had been mulling it over for months.  I think that my stylist was more excited than I was because I'd been discussing it with her for so long.  No joke, I think I've talked to her about it the last two visits and I go every three months.  So she's been hearing about the bangs for a while now.  All of last week I would wake up and look at myself in the mirror while I was brushing my teeth and grumpily tell myself, no, no bangs.  But by the time I'd get to work, I would want them the rest of the day.  I didn't mention it to anyone, not even Nick, because I had been so wishy-washy about them in the past and didn't want to commit to anything until I got there.  I am glad that I did.  They're a great change and I was able to replicate the look this morning in about two minutes.  Now I might have start doing the rest of my hair so that it doesn't look funny together.  Full face and hair in the morning?  I'm not sure if I can wake up early enough for that.

I also went from having lighter brown highlights to red.  I had a dream about it a few weeks ago, which made me want to do it.  For the family who recall, I also had a dream about getting a pixi cut back in college and look how well that turned out.  I looked like the fifth member of the Beatles.  It was terrible. My Mom actually thought that I cut it myself it was that bad.  Thankfully, this time I actually went to a salon rather than Supercuts.  Don't get me wrong, I think Supercuts is fine for trims, but I no longer trust them with styling.  I'm not sure why I ever did, to be honest.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I got various reactions when I sent out this picture. All of my girlfriends love it, my dad asked if I was wearing a wig, my brother said his friend (who is a girl) thought it was cute but he made no comment, my mom asked if I colored my hair again, and Nick said, "whoa, that's different" and then later, "you look more Japanese now."  Did I look Japanese before?  In the end he did say that he likes it, but it is different than anything he's seen me with.  

While I was at the salon, Nick made dinner with spicy Thai sauce that I had pulled out of the freezer.  He added yellow squash and cauliflower.  He also added half a can of coconut milk because he thought that it was too spicy.  He said that he marinated the chicken in soy and fish sauce before searing it off. It was delicious and I think that we finally got rid of all that sauce!  It was taking up so much room in the freezer.  Since our freezer is so packed, it is impossible to lay things flat to freeze which makes things take up more room.  Not to mention that they fly out semi-flat with spiky edges like deadly frozen saucers when you open the door. It was nice to come home to a prepared dinner. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: