Monday, April 18, 2011

Grilled Pork Loin, Asparagus, and Smashed Garlic Potatoes

On Wednesday night I prepared a pork loin for Nick to grill up while Emmy and I were on our run.  It was mighty tasty.  I was inspired by Giada De Laurentiis' Honey-Mustard Pork Roast with Bacon.  I didn't have many of her ingredients so I was winging it.

Honey-Mustard Pork Loin 
1/2 c yellow mustard
1/4 honey
2 tbsp horse radish 
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp Kosher salt
2 tbsp black pepper 
Directions: 
Mix mustard, honey, and horse radish together in a bag.  Marinate pork loin in mixture for 1-2 hours or overnight.  When ready to grill, rub on dry mixture of garlic and onion powder, salt, and pepper.  Grill over medium heat until meat is firm to the touch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I made the gravy from the pork drippings.

Photobucket
Four roasted heads of garlic for our mashed potatoes.  We smelled lovely. 


No comments: