Monday, April 25, 2011

Relaxing Weekend

With Nick gone to Paris, I had a very low key and relaxing weekend.  It is exactly what I needed.  On Saturday I went to our friends Will and Lindsay's for an early Easter brunch and then laid around the house for the rest of the weekend.  It was great.  I sat around watching hockey and drinking beer (I kind of felt like a man), took Emmy for a long walk and frisbee time, made Easter breakfast and Easter dinner for my family, and even did regular work out of sheer boredom.  This is the downfall of working from home, you can do it anytime you want... or don't want.  What a great weekend.

My dad also cleaned the garage of all of his tools so now we can fit my Mom's Pilot back in the garage.  We have a three car garage and can only fit one car in there.  It is our largest car so at least it is an improvement.  When I cleaned out the garage last spring, we were able to fit our two little cars in, but that lasted for about a week.  Anyway, he also fixed the door jamb that Emmy ripped off in my bathroom, a hole in the wall that he had to cut open to repair a leak, and put a pad/guard on one of the window sills that Emmy puts her paws on to look out the window.  My mom got all of her stuff ready for their trip and hemmed like four pairs of new pants.  This is a big deal.

  1. Because my mom never buys new clothes for herself.  I had to buy her all the clothes that she wore on our last cruise.
  2. She never seems to get around to hemming pants even when she buys new clothes.  They sit on her floor all pinned up and ready to go for months before getting to them. 
Last but not least, Christopher was studying.  He was actually studying, which is a rarity.  We were all quiet productive.  Now that my parents are off to Panama for the next three weeks and the bathroom is fully fixed I might, might being the keyword here, paint the bathroom.  I hate painting.  I have an "accent" wall in my room because I started painting it and then decided that I didn't want to finish the room.  While just telling Linda my plan to paint, I realized that there is a lot of non-movable stuff in our bathroom that I could potentially splatter all over.  She suggested getting a tarp to lay over the counters and floor.  That is more work than I want to do to paint.  I think I just talked myself out of it, but we will see how bored I get over the weekend.

We have so many left overs, but it was nice sitting down as a family of four once in a while.  Our honorary family members, Nick and Briana, are on vacation.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: