Friday, April 22, 2011

Jane Haul and ELF Palette

After weeks of waiting for all my Jane products to come in the mail, it's taken me another few weeks to write about it.  I think my umpf for buying makeup and writing about it is finally petering out.  It'll be another year or two before I go on huge hauls like I have been.  I still have my sights set on a nice brush kit, but I'm trying to hold out until my current ones are bald...which will be soon.  Hmmm, and I also wanted to try out some new Palladio eyeliners from Sally's and Orly nail polish too.  Maybe the obsession hasn't quiet dissipated, but it's getting there.  My bank account is rejoicing.  I thought I had purchased a lot more, but it doesn't really seem like I bought much.  I went wild when I saw that all Jane products were $4.00 on Hautelook.com, but now that I look there really isn't as much stuff as I thought.  That is probably a good thing.  On with the show!

Photobucket
I got this concealer to see if it would work like the YSL Touche Eclat a highlighter stick.  I'm not willing to spend $40.00 on a highlighter even if all the testimonials claim that it does wonders.  I don't think this concealer is the right thing for the job, but it does match my skintone.  I rarely use concealers, but I might give this one a try.  

Photobucket

Photobucket
My enthusiasm for $4.00 palettes failed me.  I got the same colors twice!  The top palette has two extra colors so I kept that one and gave the six-panned palette to Linda.  I must have been stuck on purple because of Briana's senior ball.  At least purples make brown eyes stand out.

Photobucket
I love the champagne color jumbo eye pencil.  At first I was disappointed because I purchased three of these.  These two colors plus a dark gray/black.  When I opened the dark gray the makeup "lead" came flying out of the pencil.  After I put it back in, the lead fell all the way to the bottom and was unusable.  I immediately got online and contacted Hautelook.  Since they are a boutique site they couldn't send me a replacement, but they did refund me.  The next day I was going to use the champagne colored one and the same thing happened.  By then I was starting to think of how I could remedy the problem.  The lead falls to the bottom and is braced there, which made me I realize that I could just sharpen the pencil all the way down.  I saved my two pencils and was reimbursed for their faultiness.  I'm glad I was able to save them because I absolutely love the champagne color.  I have been putting it all over my lid and then using Buck from the Naked Palette on top.  It cuts down my makeup time by 10 minutes when I don't have to sit at my desk trying to decide what colors I want to use.  I have all this makeup and only use two colors.  It's a good thing I don't have it in me to keep buying loads of it.  

Photobucket
I've only used this once so far, but I like it.  The colors are pretty sheer but blend well with the Naked Palette colors.  


Okay, so this is what I really was waiting for.  It just looked so great on the Target website.  It is smaller than I was picturing, but still a pretty good size.  You can tell by the pens I put next to the box about how big it is.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Level 1

Photobucket
I'm not a big lip product person, but I think I will start trying these out.  I've already used the purple eye shadow in the bottom row and really like it.  This will be great to travel with since it's all just right there in one little palette.  I like that it even comes with its own eye pencil and has a huge mirror. As a little girl I would have loved, loved, loved to play with this.  As an adult, I love, love, love playing with it.  Hehe.  

No comments: