Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Grilled Pork Tenderloin

Christopher and I decided that we are going to learn to barbecue together.  Well, it started with him doing the meat and then ended with me doing it while he was playing a game on his laptop.  Oh well, maybe next time.  The pork rub was yet another one of my concoctions.  I thought it turned out really well, but I think it was a little spicy for my family. I will probably use this again and cut back on the cayenne.  I think this would go really well on chicken.

Meat Rub 
2 tbsp dry mustard
1 tbsp ground savory
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp black pepper 
Directions: 
Mix ingredients together and spread liberally over meat.  Cook meat as desired. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

We always eat the same kind of greenbeans: sauteed with garlic and salt.  It is one of our staples and appears on our plates almost as often as white rice.  This time I decided to spruce them up and follow this recipe from Allrecipes.  It turned out pretty well, but I think I still like the good old garlic and salt.  

No comments: