Thursday, February 24, 2011

Konad Nail Polish

At first I was hesitant to purchase any of the Konad special nail polish because you can only use it for the templates.  The polish is much thicker than regular brands and can't be worn directly on the nails otherwise it won't dry.  I didn't want to waste $7 on nail polish is a unitasker when my regular nail polishes worked well with the stamp and templates.  I did, however, break down and purchase a black and white polish a couple of weeks ago. The Sally Hansen's French Tip nail polish I was trying to use wasn't working very well in conjunction to the template.  Now that I have finally bought it, I really like it.  I dries instantly and gives a nice bold color to my stamp.  I did notice when using the regular polish that the lines weren't as crisp as they showed in their advertisements.  Somehow this polish gives nice crisp lines and looks almost like a decal.  The best part is that it doesn't streak.  I had noted this before in previous posts that when you put your top coat on the design will streak a bit because of the regular polish.  That was really a pain for me because I would spend a long time getting the stamping the way I wanted and then it would get streaky.  With the Konad polish there is no streaking!  For now I'm going to stick with the black and white, but I think I might be purchasing a purple in the near future.   They have so many colors to choose from.

No comments: