Monday, February 14, 2011

SAP Open

Instead of forking out a ton of cash on a purse that I have no business buying, I decided to get Nick a Valentine's Day present of tickets to the SAP Open at the Shark Tank.  The last time we went to go see a Sharks game he had expressed interest in going to see a match.  I'm not a big tennis person, but it seemed like something cool to go to and it was quite affordable.  I think the most expensive part was the beer and french fries!  Like we do with Sharks games, we picked up food to bring into the stadium, but I didn't end up finishing mine because I was too full from overly priced cheap beer.  I know a lot more about tennis now and would definitely go again.  It wasn't as unbearably slow as baseball is for me and the rules were easy enough for me to understand.  The hardest part was staying quiet for that long.  We saw Fernando Verdasco vs. Dennis Istomin in singles and a doubles match.  I know that Juan Matin Del Potro played doubles with a guy from SF, but I don't remember all of their names.  By then I was starting to get tired and wilt... not to mention, the beer was kicking in.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: