Monday, October 15, 2012

Today's Breakfast: October 13, 2012

For the first time in weeks, neither Nick or I had to wake up and rush out of the house. This meant that I actually got to make a leisurely breakfast for us.  Nick had a hankerin' for some tater tots.  He was in luck because I had half a bag left over from the tater tot casserole that I had made a few weekends back.  I was also glad to be rid of them because we're trying to clear out our freezer. I also whipped up a turkey and egg sandwich to go along with it.  I've been trying to lose some weight before I inevitably put it back on during the holidays.  For my breakfast I passed on the tater tots and skipped the bread.

Photobucket
Nick's egg sandwich.

Photobucket
Turkey, swiss cheese, spinach, and two eggs.
After our hearty breakfast, I went to run some errands to pick up Halloween decorations.  I originally was going to make all of my decorations, but between the Dollar Store and Joann's sales, I bought most of my stuff.  So much for being crafty!  I wanted to make wine bottle labels, which I had actually already printed out, but when I saw Martha Stewart's were on sale for $4 for six labels, I just couldn't pass them up. They looked so much better than mine.  I'm still working on another DIY project and will post pictures of it when I'm done.  

Photobucket
I was also going to make my own bloody hands by using
wax paper and red paint.  This was so much easier and cleaner.
For $2.50, it really was a steal.  

Photobucket

Photobucket
These I did actually put together.  I got five candle holders from the dollar
store and some medical gauze from Target.
The little one is supposed to be Emmy, but she looks more like a cat.
I never said I was good at drawing.

Photobucket
The best part about these is that the medical gauze comes off the glass so that
I can use them throughout the year.  


No comments: