Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: October 16, 2012

There are many recipes that my Mom  makes that I can replicate.  Beef and broccoli over rice is not one of them.  Granted, I've only really tried three times, but I was a college kid and easily discouraged.  After many years, I decided to try my hand at it again.  It turned out pretty tasty, Nick thought it needed some salt, but I thought it tasted fine.  It didn't taste exactly like my Mom's, but it is getting much closer.  Maybe it's because I added tofu...  I prefer beef and broccoli this way opposed to what you get at Chinese buffets and the like.  Panda Express, yuck.  I don't really enjoy when my vegetables are dripping in brown sauce.  For this meal, I used flank steak that I marinated in some soy sauce and cornstarch with garlic and tofu.  The beef came out super tender and the meal was really simple.  I'm going to keep having to try to make it to get it to taste the same as my Mom's.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: