Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Today's Lunch: October 6, 2012

Our whole family missed my grandma's birthday dinner because it had been rescheduled to a day that we all had previous plans.  To make up for it, we took her to dim sum the next day.  I'm pretty sure that she thought I was nuts for taking pictures of everything that came out since it's not like I've never seen any of it before, but I know that I haven't ever posted about our ventures to the City for dim sum.  Usually when we go out for dim sum we are with our whole family and it is very difficult to take pictures before someone takes a piece from the plate.  Since it was just our immediate family, they already knew my annoying picture taking habits.  I will do my best to label these in English.

Photobucket
Fried turnip balls

Photobucket
Haw gow (shrimp dumplings)
Photobucket
Sweet egg custard buns
Photobucket

Photobucket
Chicken buns
Photobucket

Photobucket
My personal favorite, chicken feet!  There were only six of us and we got two
orders.  That tells you how much my family enjoys these things. I should try
making them myself. 
Photobucket
Turnip cake
Photobucket
Crispy thin noodle combination chow mein.
Photobucket
Beef chow fun
Photobucket
Black bean spear ribs
Photobucket
This one is a little hard to describe.  There is shrimp wrapped up in the thin layer
of noodle.  This is one of Nick's favorites.  The sauce at the bottom is usually
soy sauce, but this one had a little bit of a sweetness to it. 
Photobucket
Shumai (pork dumpling)
Photobucket
Another variety of the meat wrapped noodle.  This one is beef. 

No comments: