Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: October 13, 2012

After much wine tasting, the girls and I headed back to our apartment for some R&R.  We popped in Now and Then and I made popcorn and tater tots to soak up some of the booze.  The movie ended in perfect timing for us to head out to dinner at a local wine bar/small bites (Va de Vi) place in Walnut Creek.  It was pretty dark in the restaurant and we didn't want to turn on our flash and bother the other patrons so the pictures all turned out very dark.

Nick and I made a small registry on Amazon a couple of weeks ago.  When I say small, it's really small.  I don't think we have more than 15 things on there at this point, and now it's even less.  Genna and Vanessa got me a meat grinder attachment for my Kitchen Aid!  I didn't expect gifts at all, and this actually made me cry a little.  I'm sure that all the wine in my system contributed to that as well.  I don't know how I'm going to get through my vows without blubbering like a baby.

Photobucket
Madeline got me a $50 giftcard to a spa as well as a bottle of Ruby Hill wine.
(The vineyard where we will be getting married.)
Photobucket

Photobucket
As we were settling down, the manager came over and gave us a complimentary
plate of the dayboat scallops.  The kitchen had over fired some and he didn't
 want them to go to waste.  They sure didn't!  I love scallops and cauliflower. 
Photobucket
Garlic frites
Photobucket
In the back is an heirloom tomato caprese and up front is house-made burrata
and crostini.  The burrata was my favorite.
Photobucket
Ricotta empenadas.  These were Genna's favorite.
Photobucket
Rock shrimp lumpia.  These were Vanessa's favorite.
Photobucket
Profiteroles
I also got a cheese plate, but I think I ate it too quickly for a picture to be taken.

Photobucket
The wines and champagnes that I acquired on our or Girl's Day Out.


No comments: