Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: October 1, 2012

It's the beginning of October and I have a lot of chicken stock that needs to be made into soup.  Mother nature is not cooperating. We flicked on the air conditioner and made soup anyway.  I was trying to clean out the fridge of many things.  As the soup base, I threw in the rest of our Chicken A La King for creaminess.  I figured that it doesn't really go bad since it's mostly just cream of chicken soup.  That was my hope anyway.  I'm alive to write this post so it wasn't toxic.  I also added the left over chicken from our Chicken Rice and also plain white rice from Chicken Katsu night.  As the fresh element, I made turkey meatballs using ground turkey and turkey sausage.  The turkey sausage didn't smell like much so I added pepper, garlic and onion powder, ground cumin, dried marjoram, and a dash of cayenne pepper. The meatballs turned out really well.  I was able to make 56 meatballs out of the two pound mixture.  I just use a cookie scoop to get the uniform size. Because I make my meatballs small, I don't add breadcrumbs or egg to bind them.  If I was going to make larger ones, I would so that they hold together.  These are so tiny that the seem to hold together on their own.  I used about 30 of these for our soup and reserved the rest for later on in the week.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Bake in oven at 375 for 25 minutes.  Or you can freeze these flat for two hours
and then put them in a Ziplock bag.  Freezing flat first will allow you to take a
few out at a time with out them sticking together. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: