Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Today's Lunch: September 29, 2012

Our original plan was to take Emmy to Stinson Beach to play and maybe take a little day hike, but our friends, Frank and Jenelle, called us to see if we wanted to go to Napa right as we were packing up to leave.  With the stipulation that we needed to go to dog friendly wineries, we headed out to pick them up.

Our first stop was food.  Always food.  Frank had been telling us about the Fremont Cafe in Sonoma for months.  Since we trust Frank and Jenelle with all things Napa (they live near by and visit frequently) we headed to the dog-friendly cafe.  The food was quiet delicious and filling, but not heavy enough to put us directly to sleep, though we could have if we wanted to.

Photobucket
Black Pepper corned beef and brisket hash

Photobucket
Huevos Rancheros

Photobucket
Chicken and waffles

Photobucket
Chicken fried steak
Photobucket
Cheesy grits

After our hefty lunch, we visited Bouchaine Vineyards where Frank and Jenelle are wine club members.  We had free tastings of all of their wines. It was wonderful.  We didn't have to pick which flight we were going to try because the pourer just came out and served us each and every wine.  We had a pleasant after-lunch tasting in the beautiful Bouchaine garden.  Our last stop was at the Michael Mondavi Family estate for another tasting. Our pourer at Bouchaine had recommended them because they are dog friendly and were close by.  We sat on their lovely front porch to have our tasting.  I'm looking to join a wine club, but my two favorite wineries are $$$.  I would join Bouchaine since I really liked their wine, but since Frank and Jenelle are members already and they can bring two guests for free tastings I figured I should become a member of a different one so that we can trade off. I had high hopes for Michael Mondavi, but their wine wasn't what I had hoped.  It was just okay, in my opinion.  I'm going up to Napa again with girlfriends this coming weekend so hopefully I'll have more luck.  

No comments: