Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: October 14, 2012

I was surprised that after making the Apple Churropies that I had the energy to cook.  I had the last of my four pork roasts to cook and I really wanted to break in my new Kitchen Aid meat grinder that Genna and Vanessa gave me at my engagement dinner.  At first I had a difficult time with it because I was too short to press the meat in while holding up the bowl.  Nick had to come assist  me when he heard me grumbling around the kitchen.  I guess that is one of the perks of having a small apartment. You can hear everything.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It is terrible, but I can't help but think of Sweeney Todd when-
ever I look at my meat grinder. 

Photobucket
I mixed my freshly ground pork with garlic and onion powder, dried onion flakes,
salt, pepper, and an egg.  

Photobucket
 I baked them at 375 for 40 minutes.  They came out extremely dry.  I think it's
because the piece of pork that we were grinding had very little fat on it.
Next time I will have to mix in some fat to make it juicer.   
Photobucket
Meanwhile, I was making French Onion Soup on the side.  
Photobucket
Christopher joined us for dinner as he was already out and about studying for
an exam.
Photobucket
I hate when there is no green on my plate, but at least there are vegetables.
My mom had left a giant cauliflower in her fridge when they left on vacation
so I wanted to cook it before it went bad since she didn't tell me how long she
had it for.  I also picked up some gai lan and green cabbage.  It's like free "shopping"
in her fridge. 

No comments: