Monday, October 01, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: September 27, 2012

Tonight after my run with Emmy I made chicken katsu.  Dennis was in the area so he stopped by for dinner.  I  was able to use some of the left over chicken breast to stretch out our chicken a bit.  It worked well and added a ton of flavor.  All I had to do was fry the outside since the chicken itself was already cooked.  This meal is labor intensive, but well worth it if you don't want to pay for Hawaiian BBQ take-out for a whole family.  I also just used pre-cut strips of chicken breast from Ranch 99.  Usually I don't buy anything that is pre-cut because it tends to be more expensive.  I don't like paying an extra few cents for something that I can do myself, but the strips were actually the same price per pound as the whole chicken breasts.  Score!  Same price and less work for me.  When we plated up for Dennis his response was, "It looks like L&L!"  He said that it was better than L&L also, but he was just making me feel good for making him dinner.  Hehe.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Not sure if you can see my macaroni salad, but my knife cuts are getting much
better!

No comments: