Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: October 2, 2012

I had to run a couple of errands after work, but luckily for me I had planned to make another easy soup.  It was blisteringly hot out, but we had soup anyway.  This soup was so easy that you could whip it up in less than 30 minutes.  I precooked the tortellini so that there wouldn't be excess starch in our broth.  Once those were done, I brought three cups of chicken stock and three cups of water to a boil.  I added sea salt, white pepper, a teaspoon of sesame oil to taste.  Once that was at a boil, I dropped the heat to medium and  added my reserved meatballs from the night before.  When we were ready to eat, Nick was playing games and I was crafting while watching Downton Abbey, I added the tortellini back in and also a bag of baby spinach.  Wah lah! Super easy and very delicious.

Photobucket

No comments: