Friday, October 12, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: October 9, 2012

It's been getting a little chilly here and I had half a container of chicken stock left in my fridge.  I also didn't want to have pork roasts all week.  I love pork, but I like it in more shapes than just a misshapen pink square. I chopped up a large onion, two shallots and a handful of garlic.  Sliced some mushrooms, cubed some zucchini and chopped up the pork into bite-sized pieces.  I coated the pork in a soy sauce mixture and browned the pork cubes in my soup pot.  Recipe is below as now that I'm going into a description, it is more involved than I realized.  Sometimes I just keep adding and adding things and I don't even realize.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pork Stoup 
2 zucchini, cubed
1 large onion, minced
2 shallots, sliced
5 cloves garlic, sliced
8 large mushrooms, sliced
2 lb pork, cubed 
1 tbsp corn starch
3 tbsp soy sauce 
2 c dry riesling
5 c chicken stock
1 tbsp white pepper 
pumpkin pasta or ravioli
2 c baby spinach 
fresh parmesan

ground black pepper
ground black pepper 

Directions: 
Combine soy sauce and corn starch until fully incorporated.  Pour over pork to coat, mix.  Over medium-high heat, brown pork cubes.  Remove once browned and set aside.  Add more oil if needed.  Over medium heat, saute zucchini, onion, shallots, garlic, and mushroom for 5-6 minutes.  Add riesling, let reduce by half.  Add chicken stock and white pepper.  Bring to a boil and then drop heat to medium.  Leave at a slow boil for 1.5-2 hours. (Pork will become tender.)  Once ready to eat, bring back to rapid boil and add fresh ravioli for 3-4 minutes. Add baby spinach to wilt.  Grate parmesan and black pepper to garnish. 



No comments: