Monday, October 15, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: October 12, 2012

We had been thinking about going on our monthly date night, but we've been spending so much on food lately that we didn't think it was a good idea.  I had told my friend Vanessa that I would help her shop at Ranch 99, so instead of eating out like we usually do on Fridays, I decided to pick up fresh seafood to make cioppino.  This is my Uncle Tom's favorite soup, which he requests every Christmas.  To me, it felt strange having it just for the two of us.  It turned out very well even if I'm not used to making a small batch.  I also was able to pick up the rest of our groceries for the week.  Instead of spending $100+ on date night, I was able to get a homemade date night meal and the rest of the week's dinners for $60.

Photobucket
It seemed like the perfect date night food and also pretty low cal. 

Photobucket
This is the pinot that I bought for Nick.  I had been wanting
to open it up all week, but he wasn't in the mood.  I finally
just cracked it open when he was taking Emmy for a walk.
It is delicious and super smooth. 

No comments: