Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: October 17, 2012

Roasting chicken with vegetables is one of the easiest meals that I make.  All I had to do was throw together a marinade and dump my chicken in while I took Emmy for a run.  When I got back 40 minutes later, it was ready to go.  I chopped up some mushrooms to throw in the pan with the rest of the giant bag of broccoli that I had bought at Costco.  Because the marinade that I made was rather dry, I added extra EVOO and chicken stock to the pan before covering it with foil.  I served the chicken and vegetables over spinach noodles tossed with red pepper flakes, garlic, shallot, and EVOO.


Photobucket

Photobucket
The dish had a lot of Asian flavors, but I grated Parmesan for Nick because
he loves it. 

Marinade ingredients.  I just made it directly in the bag that I was going to marinate my chicken in. 

3 tbsp garlic powder
3 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp dried onion flake
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp white pepper
1 tsp salt
1/4 soy sauce
3 tbsp EVOO

No comments: